First Playtest Session
FIRST USER TESTING MAY 2ND
- The monster is genuinely anxiety-inducing
- 2D environment still works despite its 3D setting
- Spotlight is perfect
- Players were confused on how to use the slingshot and how to regain ammo
- Confused on whether or not the game is supposed to be scary or funny
- The monsters going through the trees added to the 'funniness'
- Interactable objects (tent, backpack) should be dulled down as to not give off the idea that they are relevant to gameplay
- Not clear the slingshot was a slingshot
- Fire is stagnant and therefore not relevant
- Add audio (ambiance, noises for sling, noises for monster taking dmg, noises for when the fire is flickering)
- “Tighter” controls
- People are expecting the game to be scary, is that what we are doing?
- Give the player a clear reason why they should turn around
-Players were confused on how to use the slingshot and how to regain ammo
+Removing limited ammo, will use infinite ammo
+Provide diagrams in the beginning of the game to show how to use the motion controls
-Players wanted to get familiar with the environment, was rushed into figuring out controls
+Tutorial level, provide targets so the player knows that distance is used in aiming
Get Night Terrors VR
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.